Beyond the Pandemic: Procurement & Supply Chain’s Time to Shine & Thrive in Uncertainty
During the Covid19 pandemic, many have been using words like “cope” and “adapt”, more than “shine”. That’s understandable. Procurement & supply chain people around the world have been trudging through the realization that existing processes and tools were not designed for what this global crisis has brought on.
But procurement & supply chain people have been shining. They’ve been helping to maintain business operations by containing costs.
They’ve been managing suppliers (or finding new ones) amidst supply chain disruptions. They’ve been managing purchasing, approvals and contracts (or dealing with the cancellations thereof) when everyone was suddenly working remotely, and digital solutions needed to be found and implemented quite rapidly.
For procurement leaders and supply chain managers specifically, the global pandemic created very real and immediate challenges to maintain their company’s forward momentum, and surviving through this global crisis became an opportunity for procurement and supply chain to shine because of the following reasons:
- Procurement is helping control what can be controlled.
- Procurement can add more strategic value than ever before.
- The relationships that you build can contribute directly to effective business operations.
- Supply chain visibility and risk are critical in times of business stress
When aligned with business survival in the face of global crisis, the strategic value Procurement & Supply Chain can provide, beyond just savings, became much more recognizable and demonstrable.
- Understand the growth journey procurement functions go through.
- Hear front line stories of change and value delivery.
- Understand the core ingredients of building trusted, connected supply networks.
- Gain actionable ideas on how to design supply chains that are optimized for cost, service, and resilience & move your team forward.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR & HEAD PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERVICES KNIGHT FRANK (INDIA) PVT. LTD.
HEAD SUPPLY CHAIN-SCC
NEELAM PANDEY PATHAK
DIRECTOR SOURCING & ANALYTICS
GLOBAL DIRECTOR SUPPLY CHAIN SHARED SERVICES
THE KRAFT HEINZ COMPANY
DY HEAD – COMMODITY PROCUREMENT
VEDANTA RESOURCES LIMITED