PM Narendra Modi addressed the nation yesterday, after his six-hour meeting with Chief Ministers on the road ahead after May 17, when the nationwide coronavirus lockdown is due to end. Prime Minister announced “Lockdown 4.0” after May 17, which would be completely different, with new rules. He also announced a Rs 20 lakh crore economic package for what he called “Mission Self-Reliant India” to tide over the coronavirus crisis.
PM’s Clarion Call for #AtmanirbharBharat
- A special economic package announced.
- A comprehensive package of Rs 20 lakh crore for laborers, farmers, honest taxpayers, MSMEs and cottage industry.
- Equivalent to 10% of India’s GDP.
- Emphasis on land, labor, liquidity and laws.
In his speech, PM said that India can become self-reliant and this would be based on 5 pillars:
1) Economy: An economy that takes quantum jumps and not incremental gains.
2) Infrastructure: Infrastructure is synonymous with a modern India.
3) Our system: A system that helps us realize dreams, which is based on tech-driven facilities.
4) Demography: Vibrant demography is our strength.
5) Demand: The demand and supply chain, we need to utilize the potential. We need to increase demand in the nation. Each stakeholder must be active.
He also said that we need to compete for a place in the global supply chain. We must play a big role in global supply chain. Keeping this in mind, various provisions have been made, which will lead to increased efficiency across sectors.
He also mentioned the importance of local supply chain and how it played a vital role in this time of crisis by meeting our needs and demands. He said that now is the time to be vocal for local.
In Lockdown 4.0, we will follow norms, fight COVID-19 and move ahead. It will be based on suggestions by the state. Details will be informed by May 18 after suggestions from state.