How to improvise performance and productivity?
We all supply chain professionals are busy handling multiple activities in our offices and organization. During this we are experiencing one common thing of doing the same set of activities with little degree of variation on daily basis. The desired outcome is performance and productivity in nature. To make our performances and productivity more effective we need to adopt the skills mentioned as well try to improvise the following skills.
Benefits of these skills
- Seeking & upgrading the knowledge about the products and services & sharing the same with the channel partners.
- Improves decision making ability resulting competitive edge and business wins during negotiations.
- Boosts confidence to handle complex situations of supply chain like stoppage of production lines.
- Helps in self-assessment for improving upon.
- Helps to add the talent pool and brightens the career growth in a organization.
Let us understand the individual skills in detail.
1. Complex Problem Solving – It is our mental preparedness to overcome those challenges which we never came across before. It is our responsiveness towards solving some very complex issues or as to how we react during a complex situation.
2. Critical Thinking – Here it is our mental ability as to how we make use of logic and our reasoning towards a critical issue or problem. It also includes some process of considering the pros and consequences that might take place after our action.
3. Creativity – It promotes you to be more productive. It benefits you in expressing yourself in different ways moving away from the conventional approach. It releases the stress, it promotes personal growth with positive approach & confidence. It is childlike behavior.
4. Coordinating with others -Interacting within the group to plan certain actions, it is deciding the sequence of operations with identifying the individual responsibility.
5. Emotional Intelligence – The act of adjusting our behavior or adjusting our internal feeling against the mood of the other person is Emotional Intelligence. It continues during interaction. It is also an act of making some decisions that will achieve some positive results.
6. Judgment and decision-making – Ability to understand and accordingly acting on deriving what is right and what is wrong. It is an activity of evaluating certain considerations to reach to some conclusion. It is just the choice between alternatives.
7. Service orientation – It is an attempt to provide interface which enables the user to understand different segments, people, functions, organization before he actually performs in the field or on jobs. The focus in service is 1) Show positive attitude towards customers. 2) Promptly respond to the customers. 3) Be proactive in approach.
8. Negotiations – It is an act of convincing the terms to be obliged by the other party. Here one party express to the other party about the deliverables and the expected consideration in turn. It is a skill. It comes out during a process of discussion and interaction. The approach shall always be Win-Win situation.
9. Cognitive flexibility – It comes with Awareness, Confidence, and Adaptability. The activities are seeking out new experiences, practice of thinking creatively, not taking always the easy way, and transferring the learning.
Out of all the above, let us understand in detail about the Emotional Intelligence and why it shall be considered as a skill set.
- It identifies emotions
- It understands emotions
- Uses emotions
- Controls emotions
Types of Emotional Intelligence
Emotional intelligence is just as important to professional success as technical ability, organizations are increasingly using it when they hire and promote. Let us study the various sets of EI.