The Bengaluru edition of Asia’s largest supply chain conference the Tech Supply Chain Conference and Exposition 2019 which was held in Bengaluru on 11th and 12th April 2019 brought together the best of businesses, Global Chief Supply Chain Officers, CPOs, Head of Logistics, Chief Digital Officers & Vice Presidents, from leading Industries. The 2 Day program not only brought forward the emerging challenges, but also delivered experts’ views on how to move ahead and together with the arrived wave of digital disruption.
This edition positioned a tech-leadership-focused platform designed around improving supply chain, logistics and procurement strategy across the country. The 2-day program witnessed massive participation from a blend of industry leaders of SCM and procurement domain.
Pressed around achieving innovation, maximizing supply chain profitability and increasing visibility and flexibility to mitigate risk, the program proved to be a center for excellence for executives looking to grasp the wave of SCM tech solutions. As businesses race to adapt to a new modus operandi in the face of disruptive technology, procurement leaders are using digital tools to capture both bottom-line efficiency and top-line growth.
Drawing attention to this fact, the opening session was led by Mr. Razum Rajan, Group Managing Director, Competitors View where he gave his insights on how supply chain & procurement industry will see a massive transformation in terms of technology. Further, he raised concerns that if CPOs will not act now towards digitization, CFOs will take down CPOs very shortly. To overcome this situation, this year, CPO Innovation TSC2019 has been positioned as a journey towards making SCM mission critical to businesses.
Mr Joseph Lim, Sales Director APAC, BluJay solutions, a dynamic & strategic supply chain leader and global accounts expert provided his insightful thoughts on achieving innovation, maximizing supply chain profitability and increasing visibility and flexibility to mitigate risk at Tech Supply Chain Conference & Exposition 2019, Bengaluru.
Mr. Rohit Kumar Nair, Associate Director Marketing at Zycus shared his insights on Digital Procurement. He pressed on the optimal source-to-pay transformation sequencing strategies adopted by leading organization across the globe as well as the key trends that would impact procurement processes very soon and how procurement could leverage the new technology to ensure a long-term sustainable business transformation.
TSC2019, Bengaluru Edition saw 25 bounce-back sessions that took place across two full days, featuring 70+ expert industry leaders.
Day 1 of the conference ended with one of the most-interactive panel session i.e. “Building The Next Generation of Supply Chain Talent – How to Attract and Develop a Winning Team”. It focused on how an adaptive supply chain talent would be key for employers looking to get ahead of the curve. Since the workforce is changing, and so are organizations’ talent needs. An ever-widening skills gap have had a severe impact on the talent marketplace. The main objective of this session was to come up on a fundamental new approach towards talent management that would help employers build a predictable talent pipeline and meet uncertainties.
Alternatively, Day 2 saw one of the most anticipated session of TSC2019: a panel discussion featuring some of the leading Supply chain and procurement heads. In the focus was “Planning the Journey of Digital Transformation in Supply Chain.” The panelists shared insights on the benefits of digitally transformed supply chain and the key challenges executives face during their digital transformation journey on the basis of their industry, organization and culture and what could be the biggest potential challenges in coming years and how will supply chain organizations meet them.
The Technology Supply Chain Innovation Awards Winners announced.
- SeedWorks International Pvt Ltd. – Best in Supply Chain Innovation
- Emami Limited – Best in Procurement Innovation
- Hindustan Coca Cola Beverages Private Limited – Best in Procurement Innovation
- Cogo Freight Private Limited – Best in Logistics Management for Automation Innovation
- ITC Limited – Best In Supply Chain Visibility
- ABB – Best In Supply Chain Strategy & Design
- Amphenol ICC – Best in Supply Chain Talent & Development
- Rachana Lifespaces – Best in Competitive Edge & Business Win
- Dell International Services India Pvt Ltd – Best Achievement for Continuous Supply Chain Optimization
- JCPenney – Best in Leveraging Supply Chain Technology & Analytics
- Sterlite Power Transmission Limited – Best in Social Impact
- Essar Steel India Ltd – Best in Advanced Procurement Practices
- IndusInd Bank Gurgaon – Best in Supply Chain Finance
- Elixia Tech Solutions Pvt. Ltd. – Best at Digitization in Supply Chain & Logistics using Artificial Intelligence
- C2FO – Best in Advanced Procurement Practices